Photobucket

Friday, January 16, 2009

Today We Celebrate Aaliyah's Birthday!



Today marks R&b singer Aaliyah's 30th birthday. She was born January 16, 1979. To many of us she's known as LiLi, Babygirl or Liyah. It's hard to imagine that she is no longer here with us, sometimes it seems unreal. I would rather not to speak on her death, that's why when August 25th(the day she passed) comes around I hate to even acknowledge that day. I prefer to remember the life she lived rather than death.

Her personality was one of the main things I truly loved about her, she was always so humble and down to earth. I truly wish their were more people in the world that had the type of humbleness she had. At the time of her passing she was rising in her career. Her death was one of the ones that I've always questioned why? Her life was taking away so fast and so soon it just doesn't seem fair. If her life was not cut short she would be one of the most prominent artists of today. She was truly one in a million and she will be forever missed but NEVER forgotten.

RIP Aaliyah Dana Haughton Jan. 16th 1979-Aug. 25th 2001

Aaliyah-One In A Million